Monday, January 14, 2013

Chocolate covered candies... ||Relationships?...


we all have our own personal way of consuming a yummy box of chocolates...

I, for example, quickly scan the box; cautiously inspecting each piece before picking up and biting in... I have in the past, quit accidentally, been caught off guard; reluctantly biting into a chocolate AND receiving an unexpected creamy filling. Exactly the reason I became cautious in the 1st place. And so I have no desire to bite into a piece of chocolate that has... an um... THICK gooey maple flavor "Yuk!" or a soft creamy raspberry flavor "Nope!" I don't like the crisp minty flavor "Unt Uh"... I don't want chocolate with a crispy cookie inside... No assorted nuts... No deep chocolate... No toffee or coconut filling... No vanilla...*deep breath*
I mean, at the risk of sounding prudish, "I personally don't like assorted flavored chocolates." And "Nooo" trust me I don't wanna try "this one" just because you really like it AND you're certain I will too. No thanks.
Actually the only flavor I do like; is chocolate covered caramel. When I bite into it *the caramel filling* there is an added level of enjoyment - possibly because there were SO many others to choose from... ... SOME of which I really wasn't certain of. I mean, after all, some of them looked very similar to the one I like... And then there were a couple I was certain weren't caramel BUT they looked kinda interesting. I often chose to pass on those too. Why?... because there's nothing like expecting one thing AND - after taking a bite - realizing it's not what you expected at all *insert sound effect of birds chirping here* 
SO when I do choose the right piece... And after tasting it... ... ... I'm certain of it!... it is caramel... I relax a bit more ... take a 2nd bite ... mmmmm ... chew on it nice and slowly... savor it for a second... And then... I devour it. "Yes!"

You know I've thought... why not simply purchase a box of caramel covered chocolates?... that way there is no chance of biting into anything other than caramel... hmmm... BUT there is something about having a variety, made available to you, AND still choosing your preference over all the others... as I said it offers"an added level of enjoyment"
                                                                                                    
- There are those who, just as I prefer caramel, prefer the assorted mint flavors. They too scan the box; pick out the ones they want. Do an 'about-face' and off they go. Not hard to please at all.

- There ARE some who prefer the crunchy brittle nutty covered pieces. Those pieces are usually easier to spot. The surface is quit jumbled/lumpy. And easy to distinguish from the others.

- There are those, HOWEVER, who will try the cream fillings... Chew on um for a few secs. Finish um off... cont'd below

 
... And then move on to the coconut covered chocolates which happen to be in total contrast to the cream... ... BUT these folks are open to different flavors and textures.

- And then there are those who will take a bite of EACH piece. Toss it around in their mouth. Decide they don't care for it. Return the uneaten portion to the box. And move on to the next piece. Toss IT around a bit. Shake their head "no" *they give a head shake because they still have a mouth full of the other chocolates* And again put it back. Moving on to the next inviting piece. WAIT!... they kinda like this one... wait... wait... hold on... ... nah... They suck on their finger tips and keep it moving on to the next nice piece. 
They casually leave behind the residue of their uneaten portions *their leftovers* for someone, anyone else, who wants them. I guess these peeps like variety BUT have no real genuine regard for delectable chocolates. 
Rationalizing... "The chocolates were right there in my face - so - why not try um" they say. Just Greedy! lol

                                                         



Q: How do you prefer your chocolate?......
Chocolate Covered Cherry Martini *wink* possibly the best option of all 

Oan I'm getting ready to watch 'Love Jones' Lovey!... one of my ALL time favorites *should be considered a classic*... ... ... my schedule will be crazy full in a day or two BUT perhaps... I'll write a little about the movie later in the week. Dream Sweet.  Poodle

No comments:

Post a Comment