Sunday, January 20, 2013

p.s. I Love you...

I Love you...

how can a Mountain be removed and you not miss it?...

how can it stand in the midst - being of considerable magnitude - And you not admire its splendor?

It's BEAUTIFUL. It's beauty is undeniable.

     My Father was such a Mountain...

A man who, for anyone who knew him, stood massively greater than all the hilltops surrounding him

- his Conviction | his Integrity 
- his Stature | his Strength
- his Passion | his Humor
     
ALL stood alone.
     And though I shed tears, I am not forever saddened

I realize... ... I am encouraged!

... though my Mountain has been removed...

I'm thankful that his lineage has been passed on...

... Passed on to his children; his children's children; And their children after them

Yep... I am encouraged And forever grateful because I am John Coffey

I wrote and read this piece at my dad's Service.
At the end of the reading EACH of his children | his grandchildren | and his great-grands - one by one - ;the eldest child (my brother Lamarr) to the youngest great-grandchild... stood to their feet AND proudly proclaimed "I am John Coffey"

THEN something surprising and totally unplanned happened... other family members, and family friends, rose to their feet - one by one - and repeated the same!... ... it was an unexpected very moving and very deserving tribute to my dad.  rip Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment